There are a total of 63 College teams in total, organised into 4 Ladies Leagues and 4 Mixed Leagues, and you are encouraged to get involved in them throughout Michaelmas and Lent Term
There are league matches every weekend, with a range of abilities so everyone can get involved! It’s a great way to get involved in college sport at Cambridge.
Rules & Code of Conduct
- Only resident ‘bona fide’ student members of the University (undergraduate or postgraduate) are eligible to play in the League or Cuppers. For the purposes of this regulation a ‘bona fide’ student is defined as one who is in statu pupillari and is therefore:
– a matriculated member of a college; and
– currently reading for a recognised degree of the University; and
– fulfilling the University residence requirements in both time and place.
- If – and only if – prior permission is obtained from the League Secretary, the following members of the University may also compete:
– other members of the University (e.g. fellows or employees), affiliated to a college; or
– members of the University who are not affiliated to a particular college (who may play for any college).
- ‘Bona fide’ degree students at Anglia Ruskin University are deemed to be equivalent to college students (see (1)).
- Members of the Clinical Medical and Veterinary Schools may also compete as separate colleges and/or for their own college.
- Visiting students officially recognised by the University or a college are eligible provided they satisfy one of the above requirements.
The home team is the team shown first. It is the responsibility of the home team to organise the venue and time of the match, which should be during or before the week specified. Contact details can be found on the Contact List. To obtain the password you should contact the League Secretary.
It is the responsibility of both team Captains to send the score to the League Secretary as soon as possible; captains should also keep an independent record of their results. See section below for results submission.
Teams Easter 2021
|Ladies 1||Ladies 2||Ladies 3||Ladies 4||Mixed 1||Mixed 2||Mixed 3||Mixed 4|
|1||Queen’s 1||Downing 1||Gonville & Caius||Robinson||Emmanuel 1||Trinity Hall||Emmanuel 2||Hughes Hall|
|2||Fitzwilliam||Selwyn||Girton||Madgalene||St Edmund’s||Pembroke||Gonville & Caius||St Catherine’s|
|3||St John’s 1||Pembroke||Vets||Peterhouse||Jesus||Churchill||Downing||Kings|
|4||Churchill||Murray Edwards 1||Sidney Sussex||King’s||Christ’s||Corpus Christi||Selwyn||Sidney Sussex|
Fixtures Michaelmas 2021
Ladies 1,2,3 & Mixed 2,3,4
Ladies 4 & Mixed 1
|1||29/04/21 – 05/05/21|
|2||06/05/21 – 12/05/21|
|3||13/05/21 – 19/05/21|
|4||20/05/21 – 26/05/21|
|5||27/05/21 – 02/06/21|
Teams should submit their results online and also fill in and sign their results sheet at the end of each match. You may need to submit it to the League Secretary at the end of term in the event of a dispute.
College League Results Submission
League Points System:
+5 points for a win
+3 points for a draw
+1 point for losing but achieving half or more of the winning team’s score
+2 points for completing all fixtures within the allotted time
-1 point for not providing a fair, knowledgeable umpire
-5 points for not attending umpiring session
-5 points for conceding 3 or more matches
-5 points for breaking a League Rule (See League Rules 2012/13)
Ladies Winners 2020
2021- Unranked due to COVID-19
2018- St Johns
2017- St Johns
2016 – Downing
2015 – Downing
2014 – Sydney Sussex
2013 – Downing
2012 – Queen’s
Mixed Winners 2020
2021- Unranked due to COVID
2017 – Trinity
2016 – Downing
2015 – Downing
2014 – Emmanuel
2013 – Jesus
2012 – Corpus Christi